The Perfect Romance
With this tour you will visit the finest treasures of the Island of San Giorgio and have an unforgettable gastronomical experience. Once you’ve arrived on the island you’ll be accompanied to visit the Giorgio Cini Foundation using the app downloadable onto your smartphone or the audio guide. The tour takes in the Palladio Cloister, the Boera Cloister, the Longhena Staircase, the Refectory with the facsimile of the Wedding at Cana, the photograph room and the view of the Borges Labyrinth. Then you can take part in a second tour of the Wood with the Vatican chapels, during which you stroll in the midst of nature, absorbing the fascination of the Vatican Chapels (the installations of the Vatican pavilion created for the 2018 Architecture Biennale) as you listen to the audio guide commentary on the architecture and the original soundtrack produced specially for this tour.
After the tour, enjoy the peacefulness and magical atmosphere of the island at sunset and in the evening hours. The view of Venice from the Island of San Giorgio is fabulous and at twilight it is even more so! It is no coincidence that the island is considered to be the best place for photographing Venice at sunset in every season. Seated in the outdoor area over the quay with the sailing boats and view of St. Mark’s, you can sip a drink of your choice (wine, cocktail or alcohol-free drink) and after that treat your taste-buds to our gourmet dinner. The dinner includes starters, first and second courses, dessert, two glasses of wine, water and coffe. Tasty, aromatic dishes to be sampled in a cosy atmosphere where every minimal detail is carefully studied to give you a unique experience you can share with your loved ones.
Gift yourself a unique evening of art and good food, surrounded by the lagoon, in a location which radiates the emotions of the history and beauty enfolding it.
- 50-minute tour with app or audio guide of the Giorgio Cini Foundation, accompanied by our operator (we suggest using your own earbuds for the visit)
- 50-minute tour of the Wood with the Vatican Chapels, using the app or the audio guide, accompanied by our operator (we suggest using your own earbuds for the visit)
- cocktails at the San Giorgio Café with a drink of your choice (wine, cocktail or alcohol-free drink)
- dinner with starters, first and second courses, dessert, two glasses of wine, water and coffee
- booking costs
- tourist guide
- extra items of food and drink
- We remind visitors to come equipped with their own earbuds (if they are using the audio guide) and with protective surgical face-masks. Moreover, to guarantee the total safety of the tour, a free app will be available as an alternative to the audio guide. This is downloadable directly onto your smartphone and currently available in Italian and English.
- We remind you that the Foundation Libraries will remain closed for safety reasons.
- In bad weather (heavy rain, strong winds, exceptionally high or low tides) the tour will be suspended; in this case it will be possible to change the time and date free of charge via email or by booking a new time and date directly onsite
The meeting-point is at the San Giorgio Café (go in and ask the Staff for info). We advise you to arrive 10 minutes before the starting-time of the tour.