Sunset Rendez vous
Complete description of the tour
This tour is ideal for treating yourself to an afternoon in the tranquility and beauty of the island of San Giorgio Maggiore, the pearl of Venice: you can get to know the artistic and architectural heritage of the island and end your day at sunset, with a cocktail and a dish of cicchetti enjoying one of the most beautiful views of Venice. The first stop of the tour is the Giorgio Cini Foundation complex, where you can visit, accompanied by the downloadable app on your smartphone or audio guide, the Chiostro del Palladio, the Chiostro dei Buora, the Longhena staircase, the Last Supper with the facsimile of the Wedding at Cana, the photo room and the Borges Labyrinth. Then, you will be able to participate in a second tour in the Wood with the Vatican Chapels, during which you will be able to walk freely meeting the charm of the Vatican Chapels, the installations of the Vatican pavilion created for the 2018 Architecture Biennale, immersed in the experience of the audio guide with the story of the architectures and the original soundtrack produced for this path. After the visit, you can enjoy a moment of relaxation at the San Giorgio Café, with a Venetian aperitif. You will be served a drink of your choice (wine, cocktail or non-alcoholic drink) and you will taste a selection of ‘cicchetti’ (or small appetizers or side dishes, similar to tapas), a symbol of Venetian aperitifs.
- 50-minute tour with app or audio guide of the Giorgio Cini Foundation accompanied by our operator (we suggest using your own earbuds for the tour)
- 50-minute tour with freedom of movement with app or audio guide of the Wood with the Vatican Chapels
aperitif at the San Giorgio café, with a drink of your choice (wine, cocktail or soft drink) and a selection of ‘cicchetti’
- tour guide
- extra items of food and drink
- We remind visitors to come equipped with their own earbuds (if they are using the audio guide) and with protective surgical face-masks. Moreover, to guarantee the total safety of the tour, a free app will be available as an alternative to the audio guide. This is downloadable directly onto your smartphone and currently available in Italian and English.
- We remind you that the Foundation Libraries will remain closed for safety reasons.
- In bad weather (heavy rain, snow, strong winds, exceptionally high or low tides) the tour will be suspended; in this case you can change the time and date free of charge via email or by booking a new time and new date directly onsite
- The meeting-point is at the San Giorgio Café (go in and ask the Staff). We recommend that you arrive 10 minutes before the start of the tour.