Let’s do lunch
The tour, lasting about two hours, takes place mostly in the open air and includes the architecture and art of the Giorgio Cini Foundation and the enchantment of the Wood of the Cini Foundation with the architectural installations of the Vatican Chapels. The tranquility of these areas is ideal for enjoying the beauty of Venice and its history, away from the conventional tourist places. You can visit the Palladio Cloister, the Buora Cloister the Longhena Staircase, the Refectory with the facsimile of the Wedding at Cana, the photograph room and the view of the Borges Labyrinth.
After that you can go into the Wood of the Foundation and visit the Vatican Chapels, the 10 chapels designed by ten international architects, as you listen to the commentary of the audio guide accompanied by the original soundtrack produced specially for the tour.
The experience is completed with a gourmet lunch at the San Giorgio Café, which you can eat before or after the tour, as you prefer. The lunch includes the chef’s first course or a salad or a sandwich of your choice+Sicilian cannolo (crunchy pastry with creamy ricotta and pistachio filling)+glass of wine (or Spritz or fresh fruit juice), water and coffee. Try the menus prepared in the café/restaurant of the island of San Giorgio, where genuine Sicilian cuisine is blended with the Venetian gastronomical tradition. The San Giorgio Café has various outdoor areas where you can eat peacefully and safely: the enchanting outdoor platform facing onto the quay with the sail-boats and the view of St. Mark’s, and the perfumed interior garden facing the bell-tower of San Giorgio and the wood of the Cini Foundation.
- 50-minute tour with app or audio guide of the Giorgio Cini Foundation accompanied by our operator (we suggest using your own earbuds for the tour)
- 50-minute tour with freedom of movement with app or audio guide of the Wood with the Vatican Chapels
- lunch at the San Giorgio café, with the chef’s first course or a salad or a sandwich of your choice +Sicilian cannolo (crunchy pastry with ricotta and pistachio filling)+ glass of wine or Spritz or fresh fruit juice), water and coffee.
- booking costs
- tour guide
- extra items of food and drink
- We remind visitors to come equipped with their own earbuds (if they are using the audio guide) and with protective surgical face-masks. Moreover, to guarantee the total safety of the tour, a free app will be available as an alternative to the audio guide. This is downloadable directly onto your smartphone and currently available in Italian and English.
- We remind you that the Foundation Libraries will remain closed for safety reasons
- In bad weather (heavy rain, snow, strong winds, exceptionally high or low tides) the tour will be suspended; in this case you can change the time and date free of charge via email or by booking a new time and new date directly onsite
- The meeting-point is at the San Giorgio Café (go in and ask the Staff). We recommend that you arrive 10 minutes before the start of the tour.
- h. 11.30 a.m. tour Fondazione Giorgio Cini
- h. 12.30 p.m. tour Wood with Vatican Chapels
- from h. 1.30 p.m. lunch at the San Giorgio Café
- h. 2 p.m. lunch at the San Giorgio Café
- h. 3.30 p.m. tour Fondazione Giorgio Cini
- h. 5 p.m. tour Wood with the Vatican Chapels