Eat when you want: 3 tours
The tour, lasting about 2 hours and 30 minutes , winds entirely outdoors, among the architecture and art of the Giorgio Cini Foundation , the visit inside the Labirinto Borges and the suggestion of the Bosco with the Vatican Chapels . The tranquility of these areas is ideal for enjoying the beauty of Venice and its history, outside the areas generally visited by tourists.
You will be able to visit the Cloister of Palladio, the Cloister of the Buora, the Cenacle with the facsimile of the Wedding at Cana and the photo room, accompanied by an operator and the audio guide (or app) included in the entrance.
The experience also includes the Borges Labyrinth tour, open for the first time to the public: a one kilometer long path, made with 3200 boxwood plants arranged according to the Randoll Coate design and inspired by the story by Jorge Luis Borges, The garden of paths that fork. The visit allows you to walk through the Labyrinth, accompanied by an audio guide with the original soundtrack created for this path.
In addition to visiting the monumental complex of the Foundation and the Borges Labyrinth, you will be able to access, always accompanied by an operator, the Wood with the Vatican Chapels: a suggestive walk with the audio guide accompanied by the original music of Antonio Fresa among the small churches designed by ten internationally renowned architects on the occasion of the 2018 Architecture Biennale.
The experience is completed with a meal at the San Giorgio Café , the island’s museum bistro with an always open kitchen, which you can enjoy before or after the tour, depending on your choice.
The bistro menu offers some recipes of traditional Venetian cuisine, interpreted by the chef in immediate, creative and always attentive to tradition small dishes. Lunch includes an appetizer + a first or second course of your choice + a dessert + a glass of wine (or a Spritz or a drink) + water + coffee.
The San Giorgio Café offers splendid outdoor spaces, where you can dine in peace and safety: the enchanting dehors overlooking the dock with sailing boats and the view of San Marco and the fragrant internal garden, facing the bell tower of San Giorgio and the forest of the Cini Foundation (more info on www.sangiorgio.cafe
65 euros which includes:
- 45-minute visit with app or audio guide to the F Giorgio Cini wave , accompanied by our operator
- 45-minute visit with app or audio guide inside the Borges Labyrinth , accompanied by our operator
- 45-minute visit with app or audio guide to Wood with the Vatican Chapels , accompanied by our operator
- meal at San Giorgio café which includes a menu with small dishes of the Venetian gastronomic tradition: an appetizer + a first or second course of your choice + a dessert + a glass of wine (or a Spritz or a drink) + water + coffee.
- booking fees
- tour guide
- extra courses and drinks
- We remind visitors to bring their own earphones, in case of using an audio guide, and a protective mask. Furthermore, to guarantee the visit in total safety, a free app that can be downloaded directly to your smartphone will be available as an alternative to the audio guide, initially available in Italian and English. For more information: directions for the visit
- We remind you that the Foundation Libraries will still be closed for security reasons.
- In case of bad weather (heavy rain, snow, strong winds, exceptionally high or low tides), the tour will be suspended; in this case it will be possible to change the time and date free of charge via e-mail or by booking a new time and date directly on site
- h. 10am (1pm taste at San Giorgio)
- h. 11am (2pm taste at San Giorgio)
- h. 12am (3pm taste at San Giorgio)
- h. 1pm (4pm taste at San Giorgio)
- h. 2pm (5pm taste at San Giorgio)
- h. 12:30am (2pm start of tour)
- h. 1:30pm (3pm start of tour)
- h. 2:30pm (4pm start of tour